Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Alfred Feels Better

Inspirational song: Perceptions of Johnny Punter (Fish)

Weeks of stress may finally be rounding a corner and letting me breathe again. I went to bed last night thinking that the last words I spoke to Alfred before falling asleep could be the last I told him ever. This morning at dawn, he hopped up on the bed and settled next to my knees like nothing had happened at all this week. We decided to cancel his follow-up x-ray, and fed him breakfast as usual. He has eaten enthusiastically all day. I'm still giving him the prescription GI diet food to be sure his stomach can handle it, but it looks like we may be in the clear. I'd like to see him regain a pound or two though.

I'd been stressing like crazy over my insurance premium renewal, and with assistance from a husband with a calmer perspective, I'm seeing the way through there as well. I just made a phone call this afternoon to a different company, and this also may swing to my benefit. I still have to fill out their online request for a quote, but I'm far less freaked out about cost than I was a month ago. More on that in weeks to come.

Not everything is perfect. In fact, there are a few piles of hot garbage still getting on my nerves. It's nice getting a few of them tossed in the dumpster, whenever I can. I'm gonna focus on what I can change for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment