Monday, April 29, 2024

Shady

Inspirational song: Wouldn't It Be Nice (The Beach Boys)

Pretty sure the reason that song is stuck in my head is because I was watching a furniture restoration video with a guy whose business is "Wooden It Be Nice." I hate how easy it was for him to stick me with an earworm.

I am just flat out tired today. I fertilized roses, front yard only, and watered the trays of annuals. I cooked (and discovered an amazing glaze for the grill, made of butter, brown sugar, orange liqueur, crushed pineapple, garlic, chili powder, and vinegar). I had an imaging appointment (all clear). And I sat around and watched kitten births online. Doesn't sound like it would be tiring, but apparently it was.

So here are today's observations in the front garden. Our little Dutch irises are about halfway done. Still some pretty ones. A lot of the new annuals are doing well, especially in the shade garden. I want a lot more of this brunnera, with its dainty blue flowers. And there are sneaky drifts of lemon balm (or bee balm, I forget which) where they were not authorized. I'm tempted to just harvest them for tea to see if I can keep their numbers down. No idea whether it's the kind of thing that would play nice with my immune system. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment