Monday, April 8, 2024

Majority Coverage

Inspirational song: One Step Ahead (Split Enz)

You thought I was gonna use that other song, didn't you? The one everyone has referenced today? Nope. Not this time.

This is not to say I didn't watch some of the eclipse. We went over to hang out with the kids, leaving a little after the peak of the show. Grandpa helped them finish installation of a toddler containment system, a picket fence that runs from the front of the garage to the old privacy fence on the property line. A certain little man has no sense of self-preservation, and is very interested in running straight into the road. Wants to ride his strider bike into it too. He has learned the word. I glanced over my shoulder for a second, and instantly heard a little voice say, "road?" 

I am not sure they put the eclipse glasses on him, but Valerie did an excellent job of remembering to have the glasses completely on before she looked up. She said it looked like a cookie with a bite out of it when she first looked, at maybe 20% coverage. We maxed out around 80-85%. I don't know exactly how much. By the time it peaked, I was tired, Dmitri was cranky from being hungry and contained inside a fence, and Val had lost interest in the celestial event. Was still fun, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment