Sunday, April 7, 2024

Changing Seasons

Inspirational song: The Web (Marillion)

Well, I tried. I pulled the tables away from the wall in the kitchen, and poured a generous glob of paint in the tray. I nearly covered the small section I needed to before the paint ran out. Problem is, I needed a sit-down before I poured any more paint, and the more I sat, the worse my hip ached. I'm done for the night, and I just have a 3x4 foot rectangle left needing a second coat before I can push back the side table. It will not be done before tomorrow. No way. No how. My apologies to all bipeds and quadrupeds who need to walk through that narrowed space before then.

I've done a lot of thinking about what is and isn't possible for me to accomplish this year. I'm on the verge of making big decisions. Nothing I am ready to announce, but know that my brain may be even more distracted as I run through what-ifs for every possible direction. There are big flashing arrows telling me what to do. It remains to be seen whether I'm smart enough to follow them.

I got all of one single photo today, on my way back from dumping our old string trimmer off on our daughter, who needs to do yard maintenance asap. (There's a little man who wants to wander outside even without permission, so they are installing a front fence on the double.) Even with all the wind last night, our bulb flowers remained beautiful. The hyacinths and daffodils are still promising that warmer days are here. Might be a little chilly overnight, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment