Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Supply Run

Inspirational song: A Little Is Enough (Pete Townshend)

I have no legitimate excuse for being as tired as I am today. I've been walking around all day acting like I've been awake straight through since last week. Suck it up, kid. You slept just fine last night. Enough of this nonsense.

My daughter has spent the last three days moving her home office into a bigger, brighter room in her house. I needed some rejuvenating family time, so I offered to come by and keep her company a little while as she put her computers back together. She asked me to stop on the way to get her some foam core boards and tacks. I had also been assigned the mission of making another macrame plant hanger for our house, so I elected to buy my supplies from Hobby Lobby, where I could get all of those things. I ended up wandering through almost every aisle in the store (mostly because I couldn't figure out where they hid thumbtacks), and only ended up with one extra impulse buy. I saw a whole row of little jars - not just Mason jars but apothecary bottles and clear canisters, and I just about lost my mind. I tamped down the impulsive inner child demanding all of them and only bought two small jelly jars. I think I'm going to attempt to make lilac jelly from the bushes outside. It could be great. It could be horrifying. Stay tuned.

I had to remind myself as I wandered the store that it was actually only April 30. I saw an awful lot of pumpkins on offer today. I wasn't upset by decor for high summer, but autumn already? I made myself feel better by walking through the spring garden stuff. They already had out rows and rows of 4th of July decor, which didn't bother me nearly as much. I sent a photo to my daughter, swearing that all that Americana is my love language.


No comments:

Post a Comment