Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tempest in a Teacup

Inspirational song: Ballroom Blitz (Sweet)

It has taken me over two hours to start writing, because I just couldn't think of a song. This is not the first time I've faced this inertia problem. I solved it the way I often do. I opened my big Spotify playlist, scrolled hard so it would tick down pretty far, and when it stopped, I chose randomly from what appeared on the screen. This is emblematic of how my day is going. Little motivation, just guessing what to do at any one moment.

I tried to be functional, but I really wasn't. My head was exploding most of the morning, and my low back was having none of my nonsense for the entire day. I could do little bits of organizing in tiny bursts, but it doesn't feel like much happened. I couldn't handle driving with my back feeling like this, so I ended up staying home from Rotary and backing out of taking one of the housemates to the airport. I felt bad about it, even though there was little I could do to change it.

One of the few things I could manage was to repot a couple of the new plants. I got the new sanseveria in a terracotta pot, and set it in the bedroom to see if I like it there. Then I put a really cute sempervivum in a beautiful, dainty porcelain pot from the shop in Hollywood. I think this may be my favorite purchase from all of that searching, and no kidding, the sempervivum was a tiny 2 inch plant from the dollar store. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment