Saturday, April 27, 2024

Washout

Inspirational song: The Rain Song (Led Zeppelin)

Crispy Donkey was correct in his meteorological promises. We did receive a metric boatload of rain. (I'm kind of tempted not to retell the explanation of who Crispy Donkey is.) It was dreary, cold, and sopping wet all day. Now, it is true that I love this kind of weather best of all. But it might be because it just encourages everyone to snuggle in soft blankets and nap to the blissful sound of rain. I can't think of a better way to spend a day.

We got the kids early, so naturally we made it a longer than usual shopping day. We started at Ace Hardware, where they had a BOGO sale on 4-packs of annuals. I went a little nuts there, especially for flowers I can't plant until things dry out at least a little. Then we went to Costco and loaded up on protein sources. I also got another one of those big ol' bricks of cream cheese. I came back from California with some Tate's lemon cookies, and if you know anything about gluten-free cookies, you'll know their natural state is "crumbs." I am inspired to use them to make a lemon-lime cheesecake this week, for no real reason at all, other than it sounds good.

All the dogs had been locked up in the garage since the kids were here, so tonight they were desperate for a chance to go into the backyard. I let them out, and then got distracted. They had a bit too much time to splash around outside. They were still wiggly when they came inside, and refused to listen to me cry, "get off the carpet!" So I guess I know what I'll be doing on Monday (not shampooing on Sunday, because it would be pointless so soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment