Friday, April 26, 2024

Just a Little Bit of Ste-he-heam

Inspirational song: Charles Atlas Song (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

Now that it is raining thoroughly, and will be for the next 24 hours, I could get away with all those "whoops, sorry, I washed my car today" jokes. I won't make them. I knew it was about to rain when I went through the car wash. I mostly just needed to use their powerful vacuum. It had been too long since I pulled the car seats out of the back of my car, and it was a French fry and spilled beverages nightmare back there. I used to keep a ratty old beach towel under the seats, but for some reason I didn't put it back after the last laundering. I have regrets.

I spent hours scrubbing the interior of the car, first with a gentle all-purpose cleaner, then with the steam machine, then leather cleaner, and finally leather protector. I did the entire back seat and the front passenger, but by the time both the machine and I ran out of steam, the driver's seat was only vacuumed, nothing else. A few raindrops hit me while I was packing up, but it didn't start raining in earnest until after sundown.

I worked myself harder than I realized. I went to Walmart in the evening for one of those small plastic boot trays (for strategic gardening purposes), and just the process of walking to the back of the store, one quick lap through garden (no new acquisitions), and over to self checkout was more than I could handle. I sat in the car several minutes before I had the energy to steer myself home. I made the ultimatum that there would be no more magic window food and no more feeding kids in the car. How long do you think that will last? Will I make it just seven days? (See what I did there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment