Sunday, April 21, 2024

Roll With It

Inspirational song: Candle in the Wind (Elton John)

Sometimes plans go awry, and the best thing to do is go along with them. I was supposed to introduce two of my friends to each other over brunch. One had to cancel at the very last minute (the other two of us had arrived at the restaurant, while the third was taking their spouse to urgent care). So we agreed to reschedule the meeting, and the one friend and I had a pleasant breakfast just the two of us. Okay, pleasant in this case was us griping about work and health and relationships and whatever, but it was nice having someone safe to vent with for each of us. Afterwards, we walked over to an occult shop that was a block from where I parked the car. I assumed I would buy shiny rocks or incense, because I'm a little magpie who loves these things so much. Instead, I got a book and an herb bundle to burn that may smell good, may make me barf. Who knows? It kind of smells like dried parsley now, ie nothing. 

We had let the dogs in this morning for some recreational chewing. I came back from brunch to find the dogs tossed back outside and Mr S-P less than thrilled about big mountain dogs who haven't figured out how to get him to open doors in a timely manner. We have a lot of training to do with Beinn.

I was still all cute from my brunch date, so when I found out the kids were hiking around our part of town, I went out to meet them. I missed them at the hardware store and froyo shop, but I caught up with them at the dollar store by King Soopers. Valerie pouted for probably 30 minutes, after being put back in the stroller-wagon, so that I could push both kids while we shopped. (She is so ready to be a big kid.) The little man who had thrown his last milk cup out of the stroller on the way there eventually fell sound asleep in his mommy's arms while we bought another sippy cup and more milk. I used her phone to take pictures of sleepy boy and grumpy girl, but I failed to get copies of them.

Also, less than happy update: Alfred is still refusing food. I will take him back to the vet in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment