Monday, April 15, 2024

Call

Inspirational song: Hanging on the Telephone (Blondie)

Is it bad that I need to make a to-do list so badly that the number one item is "make list?" Every time it occurs to me that I need to do it asap, I'm usually sitting with a cat holding me down, and I don't want to get up because I've already thrown cats off me in order to stand more than my heart can bear. At present, I am lying uncomfortably across the pillow line of my bed, head at an awkward angle, with Athena resting on my hip and Saoirse pinning me down at the shoulder. Typing is hard, but there is purring, so I can't move. To-do list moves down in priority yet again.

I was needed to watch the children briefly, while their parents did yard work. I went over and watched anime movies with them, and was astounded at how focused Dmitri was with Ponyo. He chose this Studio Ghibli movie by pointing at the icon on the screen and sweetly repeating "please?" Once it was on, he settled on the couch and didn't look at anything else for far longer than a two-year-old is normally capable.

I despise the telephone, yet here I was today on call after call. I talked to three different medical providers, all of whom informed me that I needed to update or obtain referrals from primary care. My favorite thing ever (yuck.) I'm not sure it's an improvement that primary care now seems to insist on messages on the app to contact PCM assistants. At least I didn't have to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment