Monday, April 22, 2024

Looks Like Fluff

Inspirational song: If You Could Only See (Tonic)

Got a peek under the hood with Alfred today. We took him back to the vet this morning, and I was able to view his x-rays when I went back in the afternoon as the chauffeur for my daughter and her cat Moose (annual checkup for her oldest cat). Alfred had spent the day stinking up the back room, but at least they didn't have to work hard for a sample to test for parasites. His images show something in his stomach that looks like it's just undigested kibble, but he would have to be eating for that to be true.

We tried another round of anti-nausea and B-12 shots, this time adding an appetite stimulant gel inside his ear. Still couldn't get him to eat. (They told me to be careful when I apply tomorrow's dose, to wear gloves so I don't get the effect too. I must have touched him just enough, because I was ravenous even after dinner. Housemate threw a handful of Reese's at me to calm me.) Alfred has another appointment in the morning for a second x-ray. I don't know what we can accomplish from here, but we haven't given up yet.

This is about all I can process right now. I have important things I need to be working on, and I don't have the mental flexibility. Can't it just be one issue at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment