Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Network

Inspirational song: Doctor, Doctor (Thompson Twins)

The situation I dreaded and feared has come to pass. I'm losing my favorite doctor. I have been going round and round with insurance, and today I had to admit defeat. The new corporate overlords who purchased her practice have not managed to secure approval from Tricare to be in network and they now are turning away all Tricare patients who don't want to self-pay (at an estimated $285 per visit). I am not going to spend that much money to stay with her. I have initiated a request for my primary care provider to place a referral to a rheumatologist in network. I'm sure it will take many months to get my first appointment. Have I made my opinions clear on what I think of private equity buying up medical practices? Do we have time and space here for me to string together that many swear words in a row?

So it looks like my Thursday just opened up. Rather than going down to Northglenn to the doctor, I have the day free. I still have plenty of things to do around here, so I'm sure I can keep busy. 

I got a lot farther on painting my kitchen while I worked through my complex feelings about medical coverage. The corner behind my microwave and coffee bar is done now. I pushed all the furniture back in place and started hanging a few decorations back on the wall. I am rearranging the art just a little, and if I am able, I will add more pieces. I even managed to clean up the space before game night. I'm so glad to see that yellow disappear. Maybe I spend my free time tomorrow pulling out the fridge and finishing it once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment