Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Look and Listen

Inspirational song: Barbie Girl (Aqua)

I'm trying to decide where to start, while I listen to the Mr and our old roommate rate all the local breweries. It's interesting hearing their evaluations, since there are so many breweries here, and it's a big industry in these parts. But beer is something I will never drink again, so all this is purely academic to me.

I'm trying to work my way through my to-do list, so I can turn my focus to all fun stuff like gardening. I'm not totally masochistic. I did put some planting tasks on my list, so I had something to look forward to. This morning I crossed "plant sweet peas" off the list, after putting a couple rows in the half-barrel by the porch. I've never grown them before. Are they easy? In some places they're invasive, if I understand correctly. Surely putting them in a container will help avoid that. 

I've been getting up early enough to catch gorgeous morning light coming in my big east window. It makes my plant wall glow. I'm still madly in love with the simple little sempervivum I bought at the dollar store in Long Beach, and I stand by the window and admire it each day. Find joy in unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment