Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Sprinting Ahead

Inspirational song: Takin' Care of Business (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)

Be proud of me. Not only did I finally make that to-do list to organize my priorities, but I have already marked four things off it. One was easy--I stopped at Lucile's on the way home from Rotary to buy more spice tea to send to my daughter, after I drank up a bunch of her supply when I was there. The other three were bigger items, each requiring multiple phone calls. But by afternoon, I had straightened out all the insurance referrals and authorizations and I'm ready for three more medical visits. I feel like such a grownup.

I doubly feel like a grownup as I start writing tonight. I spent the last hour (plus) shampooing the living room rug in a different method, and my body aches like I was 200 years old. I used a one-gallon pressure sprayer to saturate the rug with soapy water, and let it sit for several minutes. It took freaking forever to apply, especially since it was hard to see the spray, so I couldn't tell I was making progress unless I bent over and went very slowly. Once it had a little dwell time, I used plain water in the steam cleaner to extract it. I think it worked better.

It always amazes me how fast spring bursts through once it gets going out here. We have to wait a lot longer for green to show up than the majority of the country, but when it starts, it attacks. When I got home from Rotary this afternoon, I could smell the lilacs blooming from across the yard. (My sense of smell has dulled significantly in adulthood, so this is really saying something.) Every time I walk across the yard, I'm pointing finger guns and chatting up the flowers like I'm schmoozing my way through a post-Oscars party. "Ooh, looking good, tulips! Heeeeey, peonies, you're coming along. Empress Wu! Your imperial majesty! So good to see you!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment