Sunday, October 25, 2020

Big Chill

Inspirational song: Fall On Me (R.E.M.)

This was supposed to be the day to sit quietly, looking out the window, drinking hot chocolate and watching the snow fall. Well, I managed to one of those things, but not in my jammies, and not even from home. It was definitely not relaxing, at any point in the day.

My nerves were jangling from the moment I woke. The baby was here before my first cup of coffee. With the big winter storm that came through overnight, the puppy wasn't about to stay outside. I found myself rushing to assemble the last of the GOTV packets, writing addresses in a logical walking order, while the baby whined, the puppy ran around, and the neighbors and my husband chatted loudly. It was all too much. I was on edge from then on. The peaceful day I planned will have to be another time.

I did get my hot chocolate, watching the Denver-Kansas City football game. I could sort of see the snow, but I didn't zone out and stare at it like I wanted. Every time someone opened a door, to let out dogs or get a beer from the tap in the garage, a wall of cold air smacked into me. It was enough to keep me aware of the winter storm, and that was good overall. 

I tried to get pictures of Saoirse in the snow when we got home, but she wasn't cooperating. She vacillated between being too wiggly and too close to me to catch on camera. The snow will stick around a couple of days. I'll get better opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment