Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Executive Dysfunction

Inspirational song: Veteran of the Psychic Wars (Blue Öyster Cult)

That's it. I'm officially maxed out. Stress is getting to me, and I'm no longer snapping back with aplomb. For a week I've been eating whatever the hell I want, carbs be damned. I took a risk and had lunch at 300 Suns brewery during the same week I had Chinese takeout and Halloween candy. Diet starts again on November 5th (allowing an extra day to either celebrate with a binge or eat my sorrow and grief, as the circumstances warrant.) A full week of this has left me fatigued and dyspeptic. I forced myself to go out briefly this afternoon (because I got a phone call that started with, "Can grandma come out and play?") I wore out quickly, drove home in a daze, curled up on my bed, and barely left it for the rest of the day.

How are all of you handling the uncertainty? I hope better than I am. I'm sure there are all sorts of things I could do to distract myself, but I can't focus on anything more than three or four minutes. 

I give up. I'm unfocused and my body temperature is fluctuating uncomfortably. I need to turn on a fan and convince this squirrely puppy to stop eating the covers on the bed. I wish all of you more peace than I will have over the next six or so days.

No comments:

Post a Comment