Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Inspired

Inspirational song: Here Comes the Rain Again (Eurythmics)

I took a little drive this afternoon. I went by myself, but I sure would have liked to have a sidekick with me. Saoirse is not ready to ride shotgun for two whole hours yet. It took me riding in the back seat tonight, cuddling and praising her to make it all the way across our small town to her auntie's house for game night. Even then, she gave up her composure about a half a mile before our destination, coming and going. Puppy training starts Saturday night. I hope that will be such a pleasure for her that it makes car rides a joy instead of torture for her.

My afternoon errand was to go pick up a borrowed sign to put in the condo window when it goes on the market tomorrow. My permanent ones aren't yet ready. The signs and frames I got today are bigger than the frames I already had, and it was a bit of a trick to get them in my little car. I had to play real-life Tetris to make it work. I have been thinking a lot lately about upsizing my car, to accommodate real estate tasks better, but to be able to afford a new car, I need to sell a lot more houses. Catch-22.

While I was out, I got to visit with someone I like a lot, who I haven't seen in person since all of this craziness started. We both stayed masked, and walked around the outside of her acreage. She has put a ton of time and effort into building rain gardens around her property, using native plants, mulch, and xeriscaping. It all looked amazing and inspiring. So much of it will be low maintenance, once it is grown in, and irrigated entirely by rainwater. She gives seminars on rain harvesting, and the tuition to these classes includes a rain barrel. I have been wanting to take her class for ages, but I have not managed to do it yet. I should be first in line when they start up in the spring. I want to do like she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment