Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Luther

Inspirational song: Walk On the Wild Side (Lou Reed)

The internet proclaimed today one of those black cat appreciation days. As if one needs a special day to admire that sort of perfection? Every day is black cat appreciation around here. They know it. I know it. Even when they are being cranky bullies, scaring my puppy, they're still gorgeous and appreciated. 

I decided I needed a relaxing shower before bed. I heard noises from the hallway outside of my bathroom. A puppy was tattling on a floofy black cat who was preventing her from either hanging out next to my shower or going to the bedroom to wait for me. When I was done, I saw exactly what I thought I heard: Athena posted in the doorway, and Saoirse flopped on the floor across from her, in full puppy tantrum.

As I thought about what to write about the girls tonight, watching a clip of the 44th president giving a rally speech, I started to wonder. Jackie is a giant, calm teddy bear of a cat, most of the time. Athena will spit in anyone's eye...except Jackie's. Should I start thinking of Athena as Jackie's anger translator, as "Luther" was for Obama on the Key & Peele series? How did I not make this comparison before?

No comments:

Post a Comment