Sunday, October 4, 2020

Market Fresh

Inspirational song: This Is Not a Love Song (Public Image Ltd.)

It took two days of berating myself for not feeling energetic enough, until I finally got down to Boulder to spruce up the condo ahead of selling it. The last tenant left it in good shape, tidy enough to get her damage deposit back. But there is move-out clean and on-market clean. I have to get it to the latter stage.

I loaded up a big bag full of cleaning supplies, and took the winding route down to Boulder (admittedly because I had to detour around an accident). I hated driving into the sun, and I was so happy when I pulled into the parking spot at the condo complex. Before I could put the car in park, I realized that the Mr had taken the key from my purse and not returned it. I was so angry at myself for not checking first. I took a couple exterior photos in the afternoon light, and then turned around to get the key. Driving into the sunset was worse on the second trip (this time on the highway). 

I filled a bucket with soapy water, and scrubbed the cabinets with a microfiber cloth, wiping them dry after with another one. I got all of the appliances, and one side of the counters. Pretty much everything shined up well, except for the underside of the range hood, where there were a few old grease splatters. That will take some scraping tomorrow when I'm fresh. There is still hours' worth of work to do.

When I first arrived, and there was a little light left, I took a few practice photos, to play with the pro setting on my phone camera. It did pretty well. Brightened interiors up as I expected it to. Once I'm done cleaning tomorrow, I'll retake them for the MLS listing.

No comments:

Post a Comment