Thursday, October 15, 2020

See

Inspirational song: Play the Game (Queen)

In recent months, I had mostly stopped cooking for the weekly game nights. But last week one of the gang planted an idea in my head, and I had to try it. It's fully autumn now, and no one among us can deny pumpkins are a seasonally appropriate food. Our group member mused aloud how he could eat pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin cheesecake basically year-round. I thought I'd be clever and make a pumpkin cheesecake to share, using erythritol sweetener and almond flour crust. The cheesecake came out pretty good, but that person stayed home and played via the internet. Ah, well. Dinner was still good.

The kids came over a little early and gave Dino another swipe at that container of baby food peas. She was game to try, and it was just as fun the second time around. She didn't eat a large quantity, but she still proved her enthusiasm. I offered to take the rest of the peas next door to give her more during the game, but together we decided to just let it go.

She was the center of attention for a large percentage if the night. We passed her around for snuggles, and she interacted and showed off her gregarious personality. She was worn out by the time the game wound down, but she never lost her sparkle. I tried to cradle her and help her power down with a bottle, but though she gave the bottle a genuine attempt, she was more interested in how she could move my head left and right with just a little pressure from her hand. Once we abandoned the idea of the bottle, she pulled the glasses off my face, and played with them for over ten minutes. Most of that play involved putting the glasses in her mouth and getting spit all over them. Who needs toys when things like this exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment