Monday, October 26, 2020

Silly Puppy

Inspirational song: Smile (Nat King Cole)

One of the best internet memes of all time is that of the Pun Dog, the three-photo series of an Alaskan Klee Kai who looks like he is telling a joke, hiding his face in his plushie toy, who then smiles really big like he expects a big laugh. After all these years, I still giggle over that one. Now that I have a gray and white puppy of my own, who spends half of her life upside down grinning at me, I feel like I have my very own Pun Dog. Saoirse is so funny, and she always wants us to laugh at her jokes. She may be as lazy as a Great Pyrenees, but she is as sharp as an Aussie Shepherd. We are all in trouble here.

Today was the next round of puppy shots at the vet. It was exquisitely cold today, so I am not sure whether her shaking in the car was shivering from cold or fear of car travel. She was nervous until the vet tech came out to talk to us, and then she turned on the charm. Saoirse thought the tech was very worthy of her attention. She got mutual admiration in return. She was well-behaved for the vet, and got a glowing report. They said she is now up to 26 pounds, although that seems deceptively light. Maybe it's because I have to sling her around every day that she seems so much heavier to me.

To reward her for being so wonderful for the vet, and to remind her that car rides can be fun sometimes, we went to the magic window again. One French fry in mommy's face, one in Saoirse's, back and forth. We got home before the bag was empty, so we finished them off inside in the same manner. I posted the below picture on her Twitter account, and someone I don't know suggested a GoFundMe to provide "more fries for that good girl." I don't think I could trust her with that money, but I will make sure she has enough fries that she won't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment