Saturday, October 31, 2020

Treats

Inspirational song: Blue Moon (The Marcels)

Petsmart is maybe four miles from my house, on the fastest route, if not the most direct. The first two car rides to puppy class were torturous for both of us. Last week was a little better, for about half of the drive each way. Tonight we got all the way there before Saoirse started wiggling impatiently. There was whining on the way home, anytime we started up at a stoplight. Solid growth week after week. I'll take it. Kiddo is wiped out now that we are home and mellow. She looks passed out drunk.

We went to the kids' house this afternoon. I was there to watch the baby, and the Mr helped out with a landscaping project our daughter was racing through. I let Dino spend a lot of time in her jumper/play stand. After she got a long nap, it was time for carrots. That kid sure is having fun with food practice, even if barely half of the veggies end up inside of her. Her mother wrapped up the project and took her off for a bath right as we finished. 

I held onto her while her bath was being run, long enough for her to notice a bag of Halloween candy dropped onto the back of the couch. I will assume it was the bright colors and shiny plastic that had her reaching for it, and not an instinctive craving for candy. You don't even have your first tooth yet, child. Wait a little while before your first sugar binge.

Speaking of sugar binges, I guess I will get mine out of my system now. There were two total groups of trick-or-treaters while I was off at puppy class, and none since. We should have known better and not bought any candy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment