Sunday, October 10, 2021

Clear

Inspirational song: Season's End (Marillion)

Whew. Thank goodness. Results came in quickly, and both of us are in the clear. This is just a cold--a particularly nasty one, but a cold all the same. I should be able to carry on with rest, liquids, and decongestants, until this virus runs its course. I also won't have to change my treatment schedule. I will just continue to wear a well-fitting mask and use hand sanitizer all the time. I will stay home from nearly everything except radiation for at least the next week.

While we waited for results to come in, I slept in my chair most of the day, just like yesterday. That man is much less likely to sit still. He spent part of the day ripping out squash vines that had obscured most of our garden this year. I wish he had done it earlier, so I could have accessed it and harvested food as it ripened. I have come to despise pumpkin (and similar) vines as they are covered in nettles that hurt when I touch them. Once the vines were torn out, he could see just how many purple cherry tomatoes were just waiting to be found. I could have been eating them all this time.

Next year I will be implementing a zero squash tolerance policy. I don't care how yummy zucchini is. I don't want to grow any. If I see something like that starting to volunteer, I'm going to snip it out before it has a chance to do anything. I'm sure other people would be happy to gift me with zucchini if I can hold firm and not be forced to grow any next year. For sure there will be no more pumpkin, butternut, spaghetti, or other mutant (what we mostly have) squashes. They take over all the space, and keep me out. I'd much rather increase my tomato space. Now I need to think of good things to make with what we discovered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment