Thursday, October 28, 2021

Ghost

Inspirational song: Ghost In This House (Alison Krauss)

Halloween is almost upon us. There is no more time for anything except costume making between now and Sunday. Honestly, I had better do it from sun-up to bedtime tomorrow, because I have been told my daughter wants to take the baby to a parade Saturday morning, in costume. Time is running out.

They came over today to see the progress I made on the outfit. Considering I had only just finished cutting out the pattern I made by copying a size 2T sleeper they left me to use, progress was minimal. Cutting out fleece while sitting on the floor, with a baby determined to stomp on pins, was not ideal. That took way too long to accomplish. My tired butt on the floor wasn't ideal either. Eventually I was so sore I just gave up and sat around exchanging ghost stories with my son-in-law. (At one point, I had sketched out the layout of the house where I grew up in Oklahoma, explaining one of the weirdest things that happened to me and one of my high school buddies, that we still can't explain. Not much sewing happening at that moment.)

We haven't called the baby Grumpus quite as much lately, but boy she was feeling cranky tonight. We eventually discovered what was bothering her, but only after more than two hours of grumping. She needed and received a lot of extra cuddles. I hope she has a better day tomorrow.

The basic white sleeper base is done for the costume. I will be appliqueing details on it tomorrow. Maybe I will have time to make mine small enough to fit before Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment