Wednesday, October 6, 2021

On Order

Inspirational song: Born in the 50s (The Police)

Time is fleeting. We are one hour into our game. I just took a benadryl. I don't expect to make it all the way to the end of play and still be awake. I needed to write now, or risk forgetting it altogether. I am playing with a mask on, and I've sneezed into it twice so far. Not my favorite thing to do.

I have been dreaming of replacing my worn out chair for months, maybe over a year. I wanted something in an ice blue, that would match the lightest accent color in my Chinese rug. A week or two ago, it finally occurred to me that I shouldn't just get another single-occupant chair, but a love seat, so that I can share it with a grandbaby or a very large spoiled dog. I looked around the Big Lots that's close by, thinking that I might be able to get something acceptable without waiting months for it to clear the port of Long Beach. The things I found were okay, sort of, but I had to turn to the internet. Walmart had dozens, and Costco had nine, most of which were leather (no no no no). The Target app had just the right one, at a startlingly good price. It's light blue and mid-century modern. I jumped on it. They swear it will be here in ten days. I'll believe that when I see it.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Three meetings/appointments in a row. I hope the benadryl gives me a decent night's sleep ahead of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment