Friday, October 22, 2021

High Spirits

Inspirational song: Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 (Ian Dury)

So there I was, standing at the cutting table at Joann's, getting multiple colors of fleece for a very small Halloween costume, and we could hear the ear-piercing shrieks of a tiny bird of prey as she wandered the crafting aisles out of sight. I smiled to the lady cutting my fabric and said, "I get to ride home with her." Such a little goober, owning the space in the craft store, just like she does everywhere we go. She is a superstar. The really cool thing was when she was still in the shopping cart, and we first went down aisles where she could feel the different textures, we asked her to say "fabric." She tried a couple times, and it came out "bah-brih." So good.

I found a really good navy blue knit for my "modern-day Merida" costume, which I need to start asap. I want to have it done and wear it to Rotary on Tuesday. I hope it comes out as planned. The little outfit for Val will be basically a sleeper with specific details, so that may take a little time to get right too.

The puppy got an out today. I made her sit in the car at two different stores (both of which had front windows where I could watch her the whole time). And then she got to have a walk around Petsmart. Now she is much happier than when she was nose-to-nose with me while I was trying to nap on the couch. That kid gets bored easily.

I am applying lessons I've learned the hard way, and posting super early tonight. We are going next door to watch Shaun of the Dead, and I know T will guarantee I do not come home sober and clear-headed. I think it is his life's mission to see us more intoxicated than we ought to be. Tomorrow may be rough, but we are gonna be cheerful tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment