Sunday, October 31, 2021

Completion

Inspirational song: I Robot (The Alan Parsons Project)

The sleeper costume is as done as it will be for a while. If the gang finds a cosplay convention to attend while it is still cold weather, I'm sure we will break out the fabric paint and put on the robot-looking articulation lines. Until then, I'm calling it. I put the little wrist bands on at 3 this afternoon, and handed it off. They did a bunch of trick-or-treating before coming here for photos. By the time they arrived, Val was pretty worn out. She sat in my lap for a bit while we fed each other barbecue potato chips, and then she ran around with her favorite toys. We waited too late to get happy baby photos. I have to be honest, I like what we got better. It was much more true-to-life.

Other than our baby, we got exactly one trick-or-treater. I'm pretty sure I know why. Our front porch light is on the fritz. It has been for ages, and after one attempt to fix it many months ago, the Mr kind of just left it. A turned-on porch light on Halloween is the universal sign for "get candy here," is it not? What are the odds we will figure out the problem with the light before next Halloween? We had better. The one girl who showed up got two man-sized handfuls of candy. I was in the kitchen calling out "load her up!"

Happy Halloween, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment