Monday, October 4, 2021

Toes

Inspirational song: Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby (Barry White)

For a while, I thought my upset stomach might be a result of the antibiotics I started taking last week. I'm much less confident in that theory now. Over the weekend, it eased somewhat. And then as I drove away from radiation at 11 this morning, I started feeling ooky again. Not in pain, not sick. Just not at ease. I'm curious about the longevity of this effect. We shall see.

My baby gets to visit her other grandma, so I spent an evening with her tonight to get enough cuddles to last me while she is gone. She played with her grandpa just a little before he went to his regular Monday meeting, and then it was all grandma time. She immediately pulled out her current favorite toys, a bubble wand and the tea kettle that lives on the shelves under my kitchen peninsula. She did laps of my living room with them, until I distracted her with more baby toys and some popcorn. Then, after a particularly stinky incident, I ran her a bath. She considered the whole night a win. She was happy and pleasant the whole time.

I was told that she learned how to say the word "toes" this week. I asked and asked, and she didn't want to say it until her mommy came to get her, and she said it for her. I did, however, get her to say "bubbles." It came out "bah-bow," but she absolutely got it right. She also seriously grooved to the Barry White song currently accompanying an Applebee's commercial. Girl likes her music.

I know her other grandma will have a blast getting to see her again. I hope she shows off some of this effervescent cuteness and new tricks. It's all too good not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment