Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Ringing Endorsement

Inspirational song: Policy of Truth (Depeche Mode)

Two days later than we expected, I had my final radiation treatment... for this round. I hope it is the last time ever. But then, I said that last time, didn't I? This current round of cancer was a total surprise. I will forever be grateful they were assertive with me about scheduling my mammogram--they set up the appointment months in advance, for 366 days after my previous one. It was the reason this cancer was found when it was tiny and not yet invasive. They informed me that I'd be getting screenings every six months for the next two years. I will comply, and I will not whine about it.

Once I was zapped, and the radiation oncologist took a look at my pink skin, I dressed and met them at the bell. Two nurses and the doc cheered for me when I rang it and raised my arms in victory. I got hugs from the radiation techs, and smiles all around. I am so lucky that I was able to find such a good clinic in my home town, a short drive from my front door. I just hope I never need their services again.

I'd like to just take the next few days off to recover, but it's volunteer time for me. We have to plaster flyers all over our voting precinct before the end of the week. I have enlisted help from the neighbors, my husband, and my co-captain. The western 60% of our precinct is done, and when I dropped off my co-captain this afternoon after we canvassed, she took a stack of guides ready to put in her condo complex and the apartments just past it. We should have it basically done before the weekend. Right around dark last night, our neighbors reached our house on their route. They made sure that sucker wasn't gonna fall off the door. (They promised they didn't use as much tape on everyone else's as they did on ours--see photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment