Tuesday, October 12, 2021

In Place

Inspirational song: Theme from Shaft (Isaac Hayes)

Yesterday at radiation, they handed me a survey form to rate whether and to what degree my life was being affected by the treatment. It covered physical and emotional well-being, and hit just about every topic I could think of, plus others that wouldn't have occurred to me. I circled the number one on the scale of distress I was feeling, with zero being no distress, 4-5 mild, and above 8 high. I kind of wish that form had been held back until tomorrow, rather than given right after three days off. I'd be a little more emphatic about fatigue (and dry skin). I am not sure whether it is the lingering effect of my cold, but my sense of taste is off, and appetite is kind of weird. I'd check those boxes too, given a do-over. I keep forgetting to ask them whether the treatment I missed on Friday will be tacked on next Wednesday as I assume.

I went shopping with the girls, trying and failing to remember all the things I needed. I hadn't seen my grandbaby in a whole week, and I think she got significantly cuter and smarter in that time. She may not feel inspired to speak a lot of words in my presence, but there is no doubt she is understanding complex sentences and situations. The words will come when she's ready. She's working on more important stuff right now, and handling it like a champ.

Not long after I got home from shopping, my friendly FedEx delivery person arrived with my loveseat. He set it just inside the doorway, which I appreciated, and I dragged it in and unpacked it. I quickly realized I needed an extra human for assembly, so I had to call for help from my daughter who had just gone back home. She returned and we got it put together and roughly in place. I will be shifting it back and forth a lot until it is just right. I haven't let the puppy on it yet. Her paws were dirty, and I need to enjoy the mid-century modern perfection of this piece a little while before pawprints ruin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment